Safeguarding And Child Protection At Hollickwood
At Hollickwood School, children’s safety is of utmost importance to us. We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- Taking Action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Working together to Safeguarding children: 2018
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is expected from all members of the school community as it is everyone’s responsibility. At Hollickwood, everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children. Our approach is child-centred, where we consider what is in the best interests of the child at all times. We maintain an attitude of “it could happen here” where safeguarding is concerned, therefore robust policies and procedures are firmly in place.
The school has a comprehensive policy so that we can provide staff, volunteers and governors with the framework they need in order to keep children safe and secure in our school and to inform parents and guardians how we will safeguard their children whilst they are in our care.<
We pride ourselves in being a listening school and work continuously with the school community to ensure that this continues to be a strength. We make every effort to provide a safe and welcoming environment underpinned by a culture of openness where both children and adults feel secure, able to talk and believe that they are being listened to.
Frequently asked FAQs
If I am concerned about a safeguarding or child protection matter, who do I speak to?
Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer: (LDSO)
(Head of School)
020 8883 6880
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer: (DDSO)
Designated Safeguraing Officer: (DSO
- Barnet MASH https://www.barnet.gov.uk/citizen-home/children-young-people-and-families/Safeguarding-children/multi-agency-safeguarding-hub-mash.html
- ChildLine https://www.childline.org.uk/
- NSPCC https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Stop it now- sexual Abuse Helpline for adults https://www.stopitnow.org.uk/
- Think U Know https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
- We the Parents https://wetheparents.org/internet-safety-for-parents