Following the most recent self-evaluation we have put a new Improvement Plan in place – you can read about it here.
School Improvement Plan
Below is an overview of the key areas and actions in our current plan
- Achievement and standards – focusing on raising standards across the school in all areas but writing, from EYFS to year 6, is the priority subject area, quality of planning and coverage, using data effectively, tracking and narrowing gaps
- Personal development and well-being – with a particular focus on provision and intervention for groups and individuals, removing barriers to learning
- Quality of provision – quality of teaching and learning, improving teacher understanding of Assessment for Learning, improving marking and assessment in general, giving teachers ownership of the assessment and moderation processes, ensuring an appropriate level of challenge for all learners including the more able.
- Leadership and management – developing the effectiveness of governors, increasing the rigour and effectiveness of monitoring to improve outcomes and to develop distributed leadership across the school with clear lines of accountability
- Community Perspectives – raising aspirations, continuing and developing the partnerships with community groups, organisations and individuals, maintaining the school’s place at the heart of the community it serves
Detailed, subject specific plans are in place to support these aims.